Covid-19 has resulted in many changes to the way food service is provided. Communal dining is no longer allowed and residents select from menu choices on forms found in the elevator lobbies on each residential floor.
In July to-go orders began to be offered three nights a week from a limited Fireside menu. This menu is shown in the At-a-Glance menus on the home page's Today's Menus button. Instructions for ordering from the Fireside menu are available HERE.
How to Make a Reservation for Dinner Service on the Bistro Patio
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Bistro Patio Dining is available. Seating is limited to 12 people per evening. Please follow this procedure to make your reservation.
- Call ext. 7313 or ext. 7254 from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on the day of service to make a reservation and place your food and beverage order. Please identify the companions in your party at this time. Max. 3 people per table. Additional tables may not be joined together.
- Each member of the party must place their food and beverage order by 4:00 p.m. on the day of service. Orders may be placed while making the reservation, or called in separately. The menu is the same as the Fireside To-Go menu and will change approximately every other week.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time to begin your dinner service. Reservations are staggered every 15 minutes starting at 4:30 p.m., and the last party will be seated at 5:15 p.m. The Dining Area will be open for reserved dining only, from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Attendance will be monitored over the weeks to ensure access to this service is fairly allocated to all residents who wish to participate.
- The Safety Concierge will conduct a temperature check of residents at the check-in desk. Hand sanitizer will be available at the check-in desk.
- Bottles of water, pre-ordered beverages, disposable cutlery, and napkins and cups will be provided with the food service. Food will be presented in disposable containers. Condiments, salt, pepper and additional beverages may be requested at the table.
- There will be a single entrance and exit to the Patio. Entrance is through the door from the Lobby to the Patio. Exit is through the exterior onto the sidewalk and back through the main entrance to the building.
Other Safety Measures
- The patio will be cleared of non-diners at 4:00 PM so that tables and chairs can be cleaned and sanitized for dinner service. Cleaning and sanitizing of chairs and tables after the dinner service will occur between 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized on the hour throughout service.
- The Bistro Patio service staff will consist of the Safety Concierge and two servers, one of whom will be dedicated solely to bussing tables. All service staff will adhere to strict glove and handwashing protocols, refreshing between serving each table.