Activities & Events
FITNESS AND RECREATION
WATER WALKING EXERCISE ROUTINE
POOL HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday through Friday -- 7:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday -- Closed
Jacuzzi -- Closed
GHBC POOL REOPENING GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
To insure Resident and staff safety, new protocols for physical distancing, enhanced cleaning, and disinfection practices are established.
- The pool will be open Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m., and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- There are only three (3) Residents at a time allowed in the pool.
- Check in at the pool deck for temperature reading, and answering the daily assessment questions is required.
- Residents must wear a mask at all times except when in the pool.
- Masks must be stored safely in plastic bag and placed in cubby when Resident is in the pool. Plastic bags are provided.
- Residents should practice social distancing at 6 feet apart in areas outside the pool and at 10 feet apart when in the pool.
- Adhere to the required pool time limit of 30-minutes swim time.
- Although the locker rooms are open, Residents are encouraged to dress in swimwear and shower off at home before coming to the pool and after using the pool.
GHBC PROCEDURES TO SIGNUP FOR POOL TIME
- A weekly sign-up book will be available in the Fitness Center on Wednesday afternoons at 1:30 p.m. Please sign-up by Friday 12-noon each week.
- Residents are able to sign up for two (2) pool sessions per week to start, and may add an additional sign-up on Fridays between 12-noon and 2:00pm.
- Each pool session is for 30-minutes. Arrival time is 5-10 minutes before the hour, check-in is required, which takes 5-10minutes, and Residents must exit the pool at 40-minutes past the hour.
- There are three (3) pool lanes, labeled 1, 2, 3, from right to left when looking at the pool from Fitness Manager’s office.
- Lanes 1 and 2 allow for lap swim, lane 3 is walk or exercise lane only.
- There will be NO water classes at this time.
- Please see “Open Pool Lane Guidelines” for procedures on same day registering for open pool lanes.
- Jacuzzi sign-up is in the same book as the pool sign-up. There can only be one person at time in the Jacuzzi and you must wear a mask. Each session can be no longer than 10 minutes and everyone must exit the Jacuzzi and the pool at 40 minutes past the hour.