Activities & Events
FITNESS AND RECREATION
Fitness Center Rules & Regulations
- Current residents, wait-listed residents, employees, volunteers and guests of residents are eligible to become registered members of the Fitness Center at GHBC.
- After completing the required paperwork, members are encouraged to attend an Equipment Orientation prior to using the Fitness Center. Click HERE to download and print the necessary forms.
- Please consult your physician before using the Spa and/or Steam Rooms. The recommended use time recommended is 5-10 minutes.
General Health Club Rules:
- All Residents of GHBC are required to complete and submit to a Health History form and Waiver of Liability prior to using the equipment, classes, and Pool/Spa.
- Current residents have priority. Other participants should allow current residents first choice and/or room on equipment and in the Pool/Spa.
- Do not remove fitness equipment from the Fitness Center.
- Unless otherwise advertised, Group Exercise Classes are available to current and wait-list residents only.
- Lockers in the Locker Rooms are for temporary use only. Member must obtain a key from the Lifeguard on duty or from one of the Fitness Center staff.
- Spa towels are for use only in the Fitness Center and should not be taken from the Center.
- For safety reasons, the power to the fitness equipment and lighting is to be left on at all times.
- In case of emergency, pull one of the emergency cords located in the Fitness Center facilities or Locker Rooms or dial 0 to contact the Front Desk using one of the courtesy phones.
- Only Personal Trainers who are GHBC employees are allowed in the Fitness Center.
Pool and Spa Rules:
- Swimming is allowed only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- All guests must be accompanied by a current resident in the Fitness Center.
- Swimmers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Neither running nor boisterous rough play in the Pool, Spa, and the area around the Pool and Spa is allowed.
- Swimmers must shower using soap before entering Pool or Spa.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate swim wear, including aquatic shoes with treads.
- Persons with communicable diseases must not enter the Pool or Spa.
- Persons with eye, ear, skin, or nasal infections must not enter the Pool or Spa.
- Persons with open wounds must not enter the Pool or Spa.
- Neither food nor beverages are allowed in the Pool and Spa area.
- No glass items are allowed in the Pool and Spa area.
- Persons who recently experienced gastrointestinal illness, including (but not limited to) diarrhea, must not enter the Pool or SPA.